Monday, March 24, 2008

Sutíl y Sola

I may not have mentioned that I am the last of my college girlfriends to remain unmarried. It seems like this should bother me, and yet, I'm rather enjoying the single life of late. I have even been dating, like actually going on dates. Sure, this shouldn't be significant, and yet, it's new to me. Maybe I'm maturing.

Heh.

Some of the guys have been incredibly nice. Maybe too nice. While I've been having a delightful time splashing about in the dating pool, I have not met anyone who inspires me to hop out of it. Not sure if it's a lack of chemistry (despite the fact that I might be a biochemist magnet) or if I'm just not ready to settle down. Either way, I occasionally feel a bit guilty. There is nothing wrong with these guys, and yet, I compulsively eschew commitment.

Sure, it's more fun to suggest it's them, but the problem undoubtedly lies with me. Don't think I'll quit trying though. It's fun, and someone else is buying the drinks.

1 comment:

Jen G said...

I think dating is just difficult, no matter how wonderful you are... and you are pretty wonderful.