Friday, May 26, 2006

PROBABLY NOT GOING TO BECOME CRIME FIGHTING ROYALTY

When I was little, around the grade school era, I planned on become a writer. I was going to be a teacher, just like dad, and spend the summer holidays writing novels.

This dream, along with other standard little girl dreams like becoming a marine biologist, international spy and princess, fell by the wayside at some point. Possibly because I haven’t nearly the patience or understanding to work with young people and would surely end up scarring children for life if unleashed on the academic sector. Additionally, my writing “talent” is certainly debatable, and thus far I have failed to show the discipline involved in becoming better, like actually spending quality time writing. Oddly enough, I don’t think I ever dreamed of being 8-5 desk jockey. Will have to reflect on that one.

Anyway, now that the network television season has passed (Yes, I have an addiction, and TiVo only enables it.), I will make it a new year’s, marked by my birthday, resolution to write more frequently. Perhaps I might even come up with some kind of creative direction for my wee, vanity blog. Stranger things have happened.

No comments: