Tuesday, May 30, 2006

HOLIDAYS AT HOME

Dad is looking better. Not great yet, and my parents struggle to wrap their minds around illnesses that aren’t resolved with a few days of taking medication. They’re still going to take their vacation though, and Dad’s making summer plans that don’t involve heavy labor with much aplomb.

I’ve also introduced Dad to Gmail and Google chat. He probably hasn’t checked it since I showed hi how to use it, but to be fair, there probably isn’t any mail there anyways. I’ll just have to start sending him stuff.

It was a lovely weekend of sitting outside, enjoying good food and company, and very much like it always is going home. Steph and Jason joined in the lounging and neighborhood park tours. I have a tendency to annex my friends into my family over time because I’ve come to enjoy my parents so much over the years and they’re great to visit and visit with.

All in all, a good, if unremarkable, holiday.


No comments: