Thursday, August 03, 2006

37/38

I qualified to donate blood again!

It was a close call in the Bloodmobile today. After the drop didn’t sink on the first run, the spin test spit out the results of 37 in one and 38 in the other. I very little idea of what these numbers mean beyond qualifying me to give up a pint and reminding me that I should get back to regularly taking my multivitamin. I believe the minimum is 38, so I totally squeaked by.

Then there was the trouble with me being a slow bleeder again. Not nearly the man handling and poking around of the last draw, but we’ll have to wait and see what kind of bruising occurs. It took over 20 minutes to squeeze out a pint, but I shall not be denied my success.

It seemed pretty crowded in there today, with a wait to get a bench, so I hope it’s a good collection day over all. I still don’t know what my blood type is. I’m pretty sure I should have received a card in the mail, so maybe I need to sort through the mountain of mail on my table more thoroughly this week.

No comments: