Wednesday, August 16, 2006

DO YOUR OWN LAUNDRY

There was a possible bomb threat at the port today, which is close enough to my office to raise alarm. It’s good to know that there was ultimately nothing threatening and that procedure seemed to go smoothly from detection to inspection of the possible problem, but I want to know why we ever let the container into the port at all. The container was flagged due to irregularities in the reported inventory of oily rags.

Why are we importing oily rags? Do we not produce enough oily rags of our own? Is there some call for oily rags that I’m blissfully ignorant of? Do we perhaps offer an intercontinental laundry service, shipping out freshly cleaned rags?

I’m just saying, I would have flagged that cargo as suspect well before the x-ray.

1 comment:

Sean Oliver said...

They didnt even evacuate SBUX. I saw the helicopters though.